In this handbook, award-winning photographers Jennifer Wu and James Martin share their tips for taking stunning photographs in the dark and overcoming the unique issues - such as equipment limitations and cold - that confront nighttime photographers. Wu reveals her innovative methods for:
- Photographing star trails, moon phases, and twilight
- Capturing celestial phenomena such as auroras, noctilucent clouds, and meteors
- Exploring urban-lit nights or glowing volcanoes
- Light-painting and controlling unwanted light
- Defining the subject, framing, and foreground
- Managing exposure, color temperature, and focus
Wu and Martin also delve into finishing images on the computer, explaining the settings and procedures that elevate your image from mundane to striking, as well as how to best utilize the latest software programs. With additional chapters on equipment and preparation, this practical guide will help photographers of all levels protray the dazzling spectacle of the night sky.
Features: Paperback. 2014. Many color photos, resources, glossary, index. 6 x 9 x 0.25 in.