This comprehensive guide explains what makes ancient forests so unique as well as what types exist in Oregon, where they are, who manages them, why so few still survive, and what threats they continue to face. Covering natural history, human history, flora and fauna, Oregon's Ancient Forests
offers a depth of information that will help you understand these complex ecosystems and their extraordinary value.
- Full-color maps and photos
- Trailhead GPS coordinates and driving directions
- Trail distance, elevation gain, difficulty rating, and best season to visit
- Type and protection status of each forest
- At-a-glance guide for easy hike selection
- Details on permits and fees
Features: Paperback. 2019. 286 pp. Color photographs, glossary, and index. 9 x 6.75 x 0.75 in.