National Forest Recreation Day Pass (National Forests in WA and OR ONLY)

Item #: 09944
National Forest Recreation Day Pass   (National Forests in WA and OR ONLY)
42 available for immediate delivery

Product Details

Please note: the National Forest Recreation Day Pass is not accepted at some concessionaire operated sites. On the Mt. Hood National Forest, many concessionaires accept the Annual Northwest Forest Pass, but do not accept the day pass in lieu of payment. We recommend you contact the local Forest Service District Office for more information prior to purchasing a pass and/or visiting an area.

Planning a trip to a U.S. Forest Service site in Washington or Oregon? Purchase one or more day passes now for use when you need them. Please note that this version of the day pass is mailed. For the printable version, see the National Forest Recreation ePass.

Questions? See our Pass FAQs page.

Fees are waived at Forest Service-managed day use sites on certain days of the year. To find out which days do not require a pass, please click here. Plan ahead by visiting the U.S. Forest Service website for more specific information and updates about your destination.

About Your Pass:

  • Honored at all Forest Service operated recreation sites in Washington and Oregon where a day use fee is required.
  • Allows the pass holder and any accompanying passengers in a private vehicle use of the recreation facilities.
  • Allows the pass holder use of recreation facilities at per-person sites. Other members in the party must pay the per-person fee.
  • Day Pass users will self-validate their Day Pass by clearly printing the month, day, and year of use in ink. Improper validation (incorrect or illegible date) by holder may result in a warning notice or a violation notice. Any modifications to the pass (such as changing dates) will void the pass.
  • Day Pass is good until midnight of the day validated.

  • The National Forest Recreation Day Pass does not cover fees or permits for:

  • Sno-Parks (winter season)
  • Group camping and organized activities
  • Developed campgrounds or cabin rentals
  • Special activities (Backcountry, Wilderness, Climbing, or River travel*)
  • Harvesting Christmas trees or forest products
  • Some concessionaire operated sites and activities

  • *Permitted activities may vary by Forest. Contact a Forest Service Office for details.

    Your purchase helps the Forest Service operate and maintain the sites you visit. Thank you for your support.