For more information about the program, or to cancel an existing reservation, please contact Katijo Maher at: USForestService_StevensPass (at) discovernw.org or call 360-677-2414.
Learn about the winter environment, plants, wildlife, local history, and snow safety on this 90-120 minute guided nature discovery tour along the Pacific Crest Trail.
Meet at the Forest Service Guard Station in Parking Lot A at the Stevens Pass Mountain Resort. We will start the orientation in the Guard Station before starting the one mile hike. It is recommended that you allow extra travel time due to heavy volumes of traffic and parking at Steven Pass.
Maximum group size: 20
Suggested donation: $15 for adults and $10 for youth under 16
(To schedule large groups and special events contact Katijo Maher at the Skykomish Ranger Station, 360-677-2414).
What you'll need to bring:
- Gear and clothing: Waterproof pants and jacket (breathable is preferred), hat, sunglasses and gloves. Clothing layers beginning with a base layer made of silk, wool, or a synthetic fabric (no cotton). A backpack for carrying an extra layer of clothing, water, food, etc.
- Water: More than you'd think, snowshoeing makes you thirsty! Something warm in a thermos is nice too.
- Footwear: Sturdy waterproof boots with ankle support.
- Lunch/Snacks: High energy snacks.
- Optional: Camera, GPS, map, binoculars, and poles.
- Post Trip Recommendations: Bring extra clothing, shoes and socks to change in to for the ride home.
Note: There may be times due to extreme avalanche/weather conditions or road closures that may require us to cancel the Stevens Pass Snowshoe Program for safety of all. Check the website before leaving home for cancellations. We will make an attempt to contact you if a trip is cancelled. Any cancelled trips will be rescheduled at a later date and time.