From grasslands and volcanic landscapes to pristine alpine lakes and jagged peaks, Central Oregon is an enticingly diverse area - and a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts. Day Hiking: Bend and Central Oregon
features 90 hikes throughout the Bend and Three Sisters areas, Crooked River National Grassland, Smith Rock, Mount Jefferson Wilderness, Cascade Lakes, Ochoco Mountains, Newberry Caldera and La Pine, and the Badlands and Horse Ridge.
With hikes ranging from easy walks close to town to challenging climbs up Cascade peaks, hikers of all levels will discover something new: stunning lava fields and rock formations, panoramic mountain vistas, and deep canyons with vibrant rivers. Part of a bestselling hiking series, this new guide features:
- 90 hikes, boot-tested and star-rated for quality and difficulty
- Detailed route descriptions, maps, and driving directions
- Quick-reference icons for birdwatching, wildflowers, exceptional scenic views, historical significance, and more
- At-a-glance chart to aid you in choosing the day's adventure
- 10 bonus "Quick Hikes" for when you're short on time or need a get-fit fix!
Features: Paperback. 2016. Many black and white photos and maps, appendices, and index. 5 x 7 x 0.5 in.