For this new and fully revised edition, veteran author Bonnie Henderson partnered with Zach Urness, hiker, writer, and parent of young children. Best Hikes with Kids: Oregon
gets kids excited about the outdoors early, and creates in them a passion that lasts a lifetime. This second edition covers 121 hikes, most within an hour’s drive of major population centers―such as Portland, Salem, Ashland, and Bend.
Other features of the guide include:
- New “Great Getaways”―weekend or vacation destinations around the state with hiking trails and other family-fun activities
- “Best of” lists that highlight groups of top 5 hikes with special features to help parents select trips their kids will enjoy
- Improved access details, including GPS trailhead coordinates and info on permits and fees
- Notes about barrier-free or ADA-accessible trails and suitability for jogging strollers
- Tips and strategies for hiking with kids―how to motivate them, what’s appropriate for different ages, sidebars with games, nature facts, and more
- Concise, accurate driving directions
- Full color photos throughout
Features: Paperback. 2018. 304 pp. Many color photos. 5 x 1 x 8 in.