You don't have to be a mountaineer to get to the top! Scrambling involves off-trail travel - sometimes using your hands for balance and safety - but does not require technical climbing gear. 75 Scrambles in Oregon
is your guide to adventure on peaks across the state.
- Nontechnical ascents of popular peaks and lesser-known mountains
- A mix of short/easy and longer/more challenging routes
- All scrambles rated for skill level
- Detailed contour maps indicating elevation and GPS waypoints for each route
- Scramble-finder chart compares routes by trip length, time to summit, difficulty, best season, trail highlights, and more
Regions include the Cascades, Siskiyou Mountains, Eastern Cascades, the Wallowas, the Elkhorns, and the Strawberry Range; and desert ranges of southeast Oregon, including Steens Mountain and the Pueblo Mountains.
About the Author:
Barbara I. Bond is a climbing instructor and trail trip leader for the Mazamas, an Oregon mountaineering organization. She lives in Portland, Oregon.
Features: Paperback. 2005. 256 pp. Many black and white photos, trail maps, appendices, and index. 6 x 9 x 0.75 in.