From the Oregon border to the Bay Area, Northern California is a jumbo-sized pack of the West Coast's best biking - mossy forests, coastal hills, rolling ranch country, and the rugged granite spires of the High Sierra. If you've ever dreamed of discovering cycling nirvana, look no further for heavenly bliss.
In this full-color guide, cycling guru Bill Oetinger loops through 75 classic rides, from city cruisers and wine country jaunts to steep thigh-burners and zippy descents, all winding across the Bay Area, Central Valley, Gold Country, Sierra, and more.
Here you'll find:
- Routes ranging from easy to epic, from 10 to 548 miles - including 3 multiday tours
- Detailed information with difficulty rating, distance, ride time, and elevation gain
- Variations for longer, shorter, or connected routes
- Advice on preparation, road safety, and riding techniques
- Handy Rides-at-a-Glance chart to help you select your ideal ride
- Easy-to-use mileage logs and downloadable cue sheets
- Elevation profiles, route maps, and much more!
Bill Oetinger has cycled in Northern California for years, but he still hasn't exhausted its possibilities for bike exploration. The ride director and newsletter editor for the Santa Rosa Cycling Club for more than twenty years, Bill has planned and coordinated thousands of rides in the Bay Area. He lives in Sebastopol.
Features: Paperback. 2014. 326 pp. Many color photographs, overview map, Rides-at-a-Glance, resources, and index. 6.75 x 9 x 0.75 in.